Advanced Cardiac Hematologic Testing
Dr. Wolfson uses a variety of different laboratory companies to risk stratify and diagnose his patients. This may include blood, urine, and salivary testing. The typical doctor is using simple cholesterol analysis that has been in use since the 1970’s. Do not miss out on this critical information.
Even those people who follow a strict diet and take supplements need to know how they are doing. Many of these tests are covered 100%.
Blood tests include:
- Lipid particle numbers, sizes, and ratios
- Lp(a) which is associated with increased cardiac risk when levels are high
- Markers of inflammation including phospholipase A2, CRP, myeloperoxidase, and fibrinogen
- In depth thyroid panel including thyroid antibodies
- In depth look at blood sugar, insulin, adiponectin, and leptin
- Markers of congestive heart failure and heart stress
- The genetic marker Apo E
- Platelet genetics to determine if certain drugs can help or harm
- Coagulation genetics (blood stickiness) such as Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin Mutation
- MTHFR which is critical for many diseases including detoxification of chemicals/heavy metals
- Vitamin D status, uric acid, and homocysteine
- Omega-3 index in the cell membrane
- Heavy metals
- Food sensitivities
- Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants
- Much, much more
A full color copy is given to the patient. Dr. Wolfson gives you the time necessary to go over all your results at the follow up visit.